Lester Link

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Tomorrow is the big day! I am currently doing my "prep" work for my surgery, won't get into too much detail there, but it is no fun!

We check in at 5:45 tomorrow morning and the surgery is scheduled to start at 7:30. I will be at M.D. Anderson Alkek Hospital. The surgery lasts 4-6 hours and I may be in ICU for a while during recovery until I get a room. I hope it has an ocean view! Someone will post all the other details as they become available. I am including a web address where you can send email messages to me and the volunteers will print them and bring them to my room. Sounds like a genius idea, I guess that means I don't have internet connection in my room? I have been told to expect to be in the hospital for 7-9 days, I am banking on 7, who gets any rest in a hospital anyway??

I can't wait to post cancer free very soon! I know all of your prayers and overwhelming support has made this possible for me, keep up the good work! This will be a long recovery, but it will be sooooo worth it.

Thanks & Much Love,
Kelly

Oh, you need my name, birthday (01/30/1975) and my patient # (0666995) to send a message.
Messaging Address: https://www2.mdanderson.org/sapp/contact/message.cfm

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!

We love you and will be thinking about you all the way through!!!

Let's Git-R-Did!!!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you today and praying for you.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. I am sorry you did not get an update yesterday. We have been trying to figure out the best way to say what Kelly will say when she blogs tonight. Yes, she will be blogging tonight. When they did the initial arthroscopic scope yesterday, they found that the “healthy” side of her liver was not so healthy. Evidently, the shock from the chemo and other factors have damaged the good portion of the liver. The doctors closed her up and decided to wait for next week to perform a portal vein embolism. For those of you (and me) who do not know what that is, well here is my best try: the doctors will cut off the blood supply from the portal vein to the cancer side of the liver. The liver will not die during the process but the cancer side will slowly shrink and the “good” side of the liver will hopefully get healthy and grow.



After the embolization, Kelly will need to give her liver a month to get healthy and grow. After a month, they will do another scan to see the liver’s progress. If the liver has gotten healthy and grown, then they can attempt the resection once again. Kelly will need all of our prayers and encouragement during this time.



She is going home today very sore and disappointed. Joel thinks she will do a blog tonight to clarify everything.


Sarah Clinton

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at sclinton@rmjelaw.com. thanks, Sarah

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home