Lester Link

Tuesday, April 18, 2006





I have posted some pics from our travels to Hot Springs and Sheridan, Arkansas. We had a great time visiting with Joel's parents and his sister, Belyn, her husband, Robbie and their two girls, Audrey and Corinne. It was my first trip to Arkansas and I really fell in love with the landscape, everywhere we traveled was beautiful and I loved Bath House Row in Hot Springs. We stayed in the carriage house of an old home(that is now a Bed & Breakfast) that was built in 1890 and was the first home in Hot Springs to get electricity way back when. In Sheridan with the family, we went crawfishin' under a bridge off the side of the road, which I must say was a first for me. And we went to an all you can eat catfish buffet where they serve the catfish fresh from the ponds on sight, it was the best catfish I have ever eaten. We did the Easter egg hunt on Saturday and the girls had a good time hunting for eggs, while the adults had fun hunting for money filled eggs!




Gotta run, I need a good night's sleep so I can chug down my Berry Barium Breakfast bright and early at 7:30AM! With my CAT scheduled for 9:00AM, I hope to be off the island at least by lunchtime! My MRI was on time today, only b/c I checked in for it an hour earlier than I was scheduled, so that means they were really running about an hour behind. Hopefully, I will have internet access in the waiting room like I did today, that really helps pass the time! Thanks so much for all the comments, I LOVED THEM ALL, I truly get pumped up reading everyone's kind words! I have the best support group, I am so lucky, I couldn't do this without all of you out there supporting me and praying for me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly

I look at your blog at least once every day to see for updates. My dad is ill with the same disease and the chemo does not work so now they do nothing. But it is so good to see that inspite of the disease you manage to live your life with travels etc. Good luck on your appointments this week I cross my fingers for you.

Lots of hugs from Randi
Denmark Europe

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pics of Arkansas are better than mine from when we evacuated there for Hurricane Rita (and got stuck in the tornado zone as the darn storm moved northeast!) I only got pics of brown recluse traps in the closet under the stairs. Hmmm...tornado or poisonous spiders? It was a serious toss-up for me, you know how I hate spiders. Glad you Joel had such a great weekend and thanks for sharing the great pictures! The one of you 2 on the bridge is a framer! Hope time (and other things) passes quickly today! Talk to you soon!
Love,
Britt Elaine

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have found the only bright spot in Arkansas, because my travels to Arkansas rank right up there with my trip to Lubbock to visit you in 93. (Nine hour drive and TWO flat tires!) I'm with Brittney - I definitely remember the bugs!! Those nightly tick checks still give me nightmares!!

At least you have the berry barium today, and not the wonderful Tri-lyte! Keeping you in my thoughts today - leaving the praying for the professionals!

Sarah C - how about you share some funny stories with us! Kelly dumped my phone call for a much more enticing one with you!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home