Lester Link

Sunday, April 09, 2006

This weekend was pretty good. The weather was perfect, I even got a little chilly. My appetite is increasing and my energy is starting to pick up again. I did have an "I'm gonna hurl" moment in Quizno's on Saturday, I thought a sandwich from there sounded good, but something smelled awful in there. For some reason, I stuck it out and still got a sandwich and I managed to keep it down. I don't know why I still ordered and ate a sandwich from there when the smell in the place almost knocked me over?? We'll just blame it on the chemobrain! My funky side effects with the tingly fingers and toes and overall aversion to all things cold are still lingering. Unfortunately, I am noticing they hang around a little longer each time. Maybe this will be the last time I ever see them?? My doc likes to use the terms "cautious optimism" and "overly optimistic" when I get anxious about cancer issues. If he heard me saying this was my last chemo, he would definitely bring me back down to Earth with one of those terms. That's his job, I guess. It is extremely likely that even if(when)I have the surgery, I will still have to re-visit chemoland again. But hopefully, for just a short visit next time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly & Joel just checked out you website to see how things are going as of late. You look like you had a good time in Arkasas and the pictures of the flowers were great. Hope you get some news soon and you can get this behind you. You are in my prayers. Love ya'll
Pam Adams

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home