Lester Link

Thursday, April 20, 2006



Drumroll please....
Great news!!! My scans show 40% decrease in a small tumor separate from the big tumor and about 20% shrinkage in the big tumor, and my tumor markers are down from 230 to 150. My oncologist said he has been in contact with my surgeon and he is almost positive that tomorrow the surgeon will tell me his ready to cut this crap out of me! I am so pumped and I could not have asked for better news. Thanks to everyone for all of your support. Thanks to my perfect husband, my wonderful family, the best friends in the whole world, my coworkers donating their sick/vacation time to me to cover my hours missed at work, Joel's coworkers for being so supportive about the work he has had to miss because of me, all of my blog friends that send me the kindest notes and words of encouragement, and all of my fellow cholangio friends who are all fighting the fight along with me! I am so grateful for everything, I could never have made it this far without my extensive support group! Hooray for shrinkage and surgery!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thank you to the super duper smart people who developed the wonderfully effective oxilaplatin, which has goofy side effects, yet serious shrinkage-inducing capabilities! And thank you to the brilliant minds at MD Anderson - especially the ever-so-smart surgeon who very wisely agreed to cut Kelly open and remove the tumors. Any other decision may have resulted in certain injury to the entire Team Lester oncology team! ;)

4:17 PM  
Blogger Betty Johnson said...

I bet that smile you have is even bigger today. So happy for you!!!
Send some prayers up for Sam for him to have some good news on May 4th. We are going into our 20th month since his diagnosis and none of the chemos have been successful at slowing down the disease. We sure could use a little good news.
Prayer works!!!!!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home