Lester Link

Wednesday, April 19, 2006


Today went as well as any day could go when you start off with a barium breakfast and a barium enema both before 10:00 in the morning. They were miraculously on time today. My appointments were at the new building where everything is nicer and runs so much smoother, the main building is like being stuck in the 70's and the new building is futuristic compared to the main building. I did stick with the berry flavor today, I was tempted by another patient to try the banana, but I had to stick with what I knew. I do have a funny from today, the nurse that went over all of the questions they ask before you begin the prep, asked me what flavor barium I wanted and I told her berry and immediately after that she asked me if I was "aware" of the fact that I was having an enema today. I told her yes, it was going to be the highlight of my day, then I asked her if I could pick a flavor for the enema too, she almost fell for it and then she realized what I had said, we had a good laugh. It's really hard to make some of those nurses laugh sometimes but I guess she couldn't resist my tacky humor!

I was so tired from today's activities, I took a nap this afternoon and I guess I was a little more tired than I expected b/c I slept for 4 hours. Yes, that is why I am up so late blogging. The pictures from today are from the Garvan Gardens we visited in Hot Springs, everything was in full bloom. I sneezed the entire time, even through my allergy meds, but it was worth it, the weather was beautiful!

Tomorrow is part one of the surgery saga, so I am banking on reporting some great news tomorrow and even better news from part two on Friday. Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, I really like the dichotomy between the serene pictures, and the enema story! It's so great being contrary!

It is a little strange typing, and even moreso reading, but I hope the doctors vote to slice you up soon! Happy cutting vibes heading your way!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Betty Johnson said...

The pictures are beautiful and so is your smile - don't ever lose your joy. By the way, I think Sam has a pretty special sister-in-law. I have noticed that Arlene keeps up with everyone and always shares a special note of encouragement on the blogs. She is just that kind of a person.
She is from Alabama too and wears shoes also!!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=) Let the good times roll! Cyber champagne for everyone! May we please open a real bottle tonight?

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home