Lester Link

Friday, April 21, 2006


Well, they are not wasting any time getting me on the cutting board! I am scheduled first thing Thursday morning! I know, shocker, huh? We had no idea it would be so soon, less than a week away. He had a cancellation and I got first dibbs on the opening, so we are in a little bit of a panic as far as making arrangements to be in the hospital for 7-9 days. But we are all very excited, scared and anxious all at the same time! The surgeon is going to do a little laparascopic exploration to take a look at the left lobe of my liver and make sure there are no tumors that the CAT scan did not pick up. He said there is less than a 5% chance there might be something there, but he wanted to rule it out before he did the big incision b/c then I would be recuperating from a wasted procedure. The procedure I am having done is an "extended right lobectomy", he is removing the entire right lobe of my liver. The left lobe of my liver appears to be tumor free and is already regenerating itself as a result of the dead tissue in my right lobe, so I already have a head start. And lucky for me, this cancer picked the one organ in the body that regenerates itself, so in no time, I will have a full liver again! Thanks for all of the support, it is going to be crazy for the next few days and I will make sure to find someone versed in blogging to fill my shoes while I am on blog vacation, so we can keep everyone up to date. If you are in Houston and want to stop in and visit, we will post the specifics later. The surgery takes 4-6 hours, so I don't imagine we will be up for visitors until Friday or the weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMAZING! this is the best news!!!

YEAH...way to achieve shrinkage and chopping!!!

-the cod crew

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so tired from my trip I can't come up w/ anything fun to say. What a week! I'm so happy for you and thank you so much for texting and calling me w/ all the fantatstic news while I was in MO. I'm so mad I missed the shrinkage/surgery celebration!! My entire extended and devout Catholic family has now added a successfull surgery and speedy recovery to their prayer lists. I'm anxiously awaiting our to-do calendar so we can help you and Joel out the next month or so. Love you Lesters!!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just posted this in your guest book, but wanted to post it here as well!! Love you guys and come up for some R&R on the lake while recuperating!!!....Bob
________________________________

Hey you two!! I'm just dropping in here to rattle your cages a little....LOL We have been monitoring your progress and doing a lot of praying for you guys (like everyone has) and had all our fingers and toes crossed so long we are almost crippled!....LOL
It looks like it has all paid off!!

All our love and prayers continue to come your way and, as they say in East Texas, Let's Git-R-Did!!!!!!

Bob Dillon
PS: Tell Jack we are WAY over due on a Caddo Construction Company Board of Directors Meeting!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home