Lester Link

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hello all, I have returned from the dark side of anesthesia. I have finally been freed from my hallucinations and imaginary friends. I was so bummed to hear the news, but it is for the best and the surgeon seems to think that a little more time off from chemo and the PVE will definitely get me ready for the big deal. He said he could have gone through with it, but it was in my best interest to have a healthy liver to fall back on, I agree. I was just so exhausted preparing for the surgery with only 6 days to get everything in order. I needed to catch up on my beauty sleep. I finally stopped throwing up and I held down some Gatorade and a Boost today, and I have done a complete 180, I took a much needed shower and I have finally moved from the bed to the couch downstairs and the sunshine is doing me some good. I can't believe they are doing the PVE tomorrow and I will spend another miserable night in the hospital! I had one nurse who thought it was fun to count my incisions every 30 minutes during her rounds, I finally told her there were 5 and she shouldn't worry anymore about them mysteriously escaping her during the night! She was a wacko! It was in the nurses best interest to keep me drugged b/c I was about to brawl with the next one that came at me while I was semi-lucid! Thanks for all of your kind words of support and I loved reading the Net Notes in between pain meds! Thanks to all my girlfriends that came up to help me throw up all over them, I am sure my next nickname will be Exorcist Girl!

More fun stuff tomorrow, we'll try and keep everyone up to date, I think the PVE is scheduled for 11:00?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! She woke up! I was about to come and take you out of bed! I had to get a pedicure all by myself today :( I miss my buddy! Talk to you soon Lester!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Good luck, tomorrow! Thanks for the updates. Sorry you have to wait a while.

-Caroline of Ouray

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOO happy to hear from you! good luck tomorrow. we will be thinking of you!


love,
the cod clan

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sad that I missed you this weekend! =( Glad to hear that you're doing so much better! I'm thinking about you today, and saying many prayers that everything goes well. Khyber (and our friendly owner) is waiting!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Joni & Brian said...

Kel,

I know you and Joel have been on pins and needles this past couple weeks. Brian and I were sad to hear about the delayed procedure but are so happy you are on the board for a future cancer free date!

We can't wait to see you two this weekend and maybe even Pearl and Abby too. You will have to let us know what you feel up for.

Love, the Lidiak Gang

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home