Lester Link

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I had lots of ambitious projects to do around the house this weekend that turned into Joel's and my Dad's projects. I started feeling crummy again and I have been battling fevers all weekend. I did good on Friday and held down some decent food, but I have paid for it all weekend. If I attempt to get up and about, I immediately hit bottom and feel kind of dizzy and sweaty. The 100 degree heat and humidity down here doesn't help! So, I have just had to sit back and watch my husband and my Dad do all the hard work around the house. Not too bad of a gig! They got a ton done, they painted our hall bath, installed 4 new light fixtures, moved furniture around and installed a new toilet in our master bath. Our first house is a fixer-upper and we are soooo close to completing most of the big jobs on our list for the interior. Working on all of these projects lately has been a good outlet for us, we really enjoy the pride that comes along with doing it ourselves. We have learned a lot and luckily we live within a mile from The Home Depot! I think our next house will be move-in ready and we can appreciate someone else's hard work for a change! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee! Hee! Mr. Plummer was doing some plumbing. That's been funny to me since high school I don't know why. Your dad always has been a Mr. fix it. Remember the flat tire on Beltway 8? Good times, good times. Sorry you felt crummy all weekend. It was good catching up with you. No more over doing it so you can enjoy your house guests next weekend. Can't wait to get togther and meet Suzanne's new man!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home