Lester Link

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I felt kind of crummy this morning so I took an afternoon nap and I felt much better afterward. I ran a couple of errands and I managed to get down a little more food today. Mainly b/c I am running out of Boost and I keep forgetting to restock. My liver is not happy when I eat solid food b/c it has to crank up and start working to help it digest. I get uncomfortably full feeling just by eating a few bites and the food takes forever to digest, so drinking Boost is just a lot easier on me and my sliver of a liver(hee-hee) doesn't have to work so hard on the Boost diet.

I hope everyone Lived Strong today and remembered to cherish every single day and to take nothing for granted. There was a story line on Grey's Anatomy's season finale this past week that really hit home for me. Finn, Chris O'Donnell, the vet was talking about what happened when his wife was in a car wreck and of course died, b/c everyone on that show dies! He said that he stopped making plans when she died, and that has been a big deal to me since this cancer diagnosis. I have had no control over my future, near or far, at 30, that takes a toll on you b/c that's all 30 is about is making plans for a family, a house, vacations, whatever. I couldn't even RSVP for showers or weddings, I couldn't make set plans for anything or give a definite "yes" during that whole chemo phase b/c I never knew how I would be feeling, if my chemo would stay on schedule, etc... Now that I have almost made it to the surgery, I truly hope I get my future back, I think I have earned it. I hope everything goes as planned this time, that I make a speedy recovery and that Joel and I can take our lives back from cancer forever and make good on all of our dreams and plans. People always say it's the "not knowing" that gets you and it is soooo true! I do have firm plans for a Girls Only trip in a couple of weeks to sunny Miami, it is on the books and I am so there! We are going to sit on the beach and relax in the spa, I am so excited and thrilled to have "plans" to look forward to, even if it is just for a weekend, it will seem like a month for me. I just need to make sure they stock the bar with Chocolate Boost before I arrive! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Kelly-

Your trip to Miami sounds wonderful! I just had a weekend in Santa Fe with girlfriends and our significant others. Lots of fun.

I know what you mean about the planning stuff. I'm beginning to wonder is I should drop out of the melodrama, but we don't start practice until July. I'm going to wait a few more weeks to decide. I'm scheduled for a writing workshop in Taos in July, and I think I'll be okay for that.

More later,
Caroline

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I dare post the juicy gossip I heard last night??? Too juicy for blog comments???? Hmmmm...perhaps so.

You know, we got through our 20's without planning much! (and had a great time doing so!!) I think we continue the tradition through our 30's!

- Sara

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm still checking on my girl!!!
I see you are being a good girl and continuing to do what's needed!!

Lots-a-love!!

Bob & Beverly

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Kelly.... your future will be "yours" again before you know it. Have a blast in Miami... you deserve it! :)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home