Lester Link

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Doc said to get used to the Narcolepsy b/c my liver is regenerating and it is very taxing on my whole body. The liver is "selfish" and will use up anything it can find to meet its regeneration needs. What I want to know is... How does the liver know which direction to grow? My entire liver is still in there and is larger than normal and my spleen is enlarged, it doesn't have very many options. I think right now it has chosen to grow upwards into my diaphragm, I am having a little shortness of breath and I cannot lie flat on my back b/c the pressure restricts my breathing. I feel like that guy on Alien that has that crazy worm thing fly out of his stomach onto the dinner table. I just don't have enough room for all of these organs! Nothing a little dose of Darvocet won't help! On a side note, my bottle of Darvocet, of course prescribed by the pro's at MD Anderson actually has a warning label on it that says "This medicine contains Acetometaphin (Tylenol), exceeding the recommended dose can have serious harmful effects on your liver" I got a good laugh out of that one! It's okay, I have 2 livers right now! :) Off to bed now, I have some liver beauty sleep to catch up on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the Darvocet have the part of your liver the docs don't want!!! You sound great. Grow that liver! Gimme an "L" ;)

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home