Lester Link

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

We have had some wonderfully scary nights here lately. I had a huge fever spike to 102.9 and I kind of freaked out a little. I absolutely did not want to go through the Emergency "Center" as they like to call it, experience once again.

One of my super duper best friends has a brother in law that is a wonderful oncologist up at the Mayo Clinic and he specializes in colon cancer and I believe he sees a few cholangio patients these days. Anyway, Sara got me in touch with him and he called me himself around 8 in the evening from Rochester to help me out. I don't know if there are enough "thank you's" out there to express how much he helped me. I felt so guilty for bothering him during his down time with his family, but he was more than happy to help me out. He changed up some meds I was taking and gave me a couple of new ones and within a couple of hours, I was back on track. That night was horrible, but would have been 5 times as bad if I was on a stretcher in an ER hallway! The phone call and the med change happened Sunday night and I didn't get out of bed all day or night the following Monday. Today, I felt much better, I have been able to let up on the pain meds and the spike fevers have stayed under control. I actually woke up and moved around about noon and I ate a couple of bites of food! I had to take a 2 hour nap a while ago, but I am still doing okay. Axel, my Angel Doctor told me to expect the severe flu like symptoms for a couple of days. I do feel like I am on course. I am still very groggy, but sleep is good, nobody gets enough, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Dr. Axel! many more thanks go out to you for helping out our friend!!!

kelly hope you get some rest and those fevers go away!

see you soon.

love,
ET

7:19 PM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Dear Kelly-

Embrace your meds, let them work, and the symptoms will eventually subside!

Thinking of you. Love your blog. Hang in there, baby!

-Caroline Stoufer

8:12 AM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Kelly-

My doctor thinks I have had tumor fever as well.

What is your new chemo cocktail? Sorry if you mentioned it before, but I don't remember.

-Caroline Stoufer

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home