Lester Link

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Our midnight post is indicative of our return home from the chemo party. We heard they had a great happy hour on the 10th floor, so we had to go check it out, we got kicked out b/c we had been there since 3ish. I guess there were others in need of chemo too?

Chemo went pretty smoothly, besides the fact we almost didn't get in b/c when they took my vitals, I had 102.4 fever!! 101.5 is the go to the Emergency Room("Center") rule. That is crazy high for me, I think the highest I have had so far is 101.8? We were so bummed and begged to be let in. The nurse paged my doc and he said go ahead, he thought it was just tumor fever, YEAH!!!!! I hardly got any sleep b/c all the anxiety, finally they fed me some Phenergan for my nausea and I crashed for a while. This chemo regimen will be administered every 2 weeks, with no "off" week in between. My pain has let up an incredible amount today. I am meeting with the pain management team next week to try and figure it out once and for all. I may go on the fentanyl(sp) patch, which feeds you a constant dose of pain meds throughout the day and night. I am hoping that once I get a few chemo days under my belt, my pain will disappear like last time. I hate to write these specific hopeful things on my blog b/c I almost always jinx myself!

Thanks for all of you keeping up with me when I was not holding up my end of the bargain. I have truly never been so down in the dumps for so long consecutively in my life and I NEVER want to go there again! I hope to start getting out of the house more and for the record, I ate 1 & 1/2 of a chicken tender last night and 1 graham cracker! Joel was so proud of me, he has been freaking out b/c I won't eat. I lost 30 pounds since April and it was still dropping before my last stay in the hospital. While in the hospital, they decided to pump me full of fluids and saline and I gained 20 pounds in 7 days!! That has been so uncomfortable for me b/c it's all fluid and I am very swollen, YUCK! The doc prescribed me a diuretic for it b/c he thought that was an excessive amount too.

I hope you have enjoyed the long recap, you know I am bad off if I can't even keep up with my blogging! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home