Lester Link

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Last weekend was so-so, more so bad than so good, but oh well. Monday, I went in for another Procrit shot, I think they are starting to help out a little. I had an okay day today, we got new pain killers that seem to have less side effects on me. I have so many drugs on my list and I can't stomach them all, especially since I am not eating anything. Turns out the "CR" in the new Ambien CR stands for Crack Rock! That stuff makes me crazy high and hallucinate, I had to slide against the hall to get to the bathroom when I woke up in the middle of the night, I ended up crawling back to bed. So, I cannot refill the regular Ambien b/c of the timing of the filling of the CR, so I tried Valium, which seemed to be working for a few days, but my doc is worried about it being addictive. So, last night I tried a Lunesta, hate those commercials, and it did nothing for me! At least the new painkillers don't make me sweat like a crazy person and I am able to manage some sleep at night. I have to write down every dose of every pill I take and each day fills up a page in my notebook, the new painkiller is every 3-4 hours, so that's a lot of pills each day with just that one drug. Sorry, I have been a slow blogger, but over the last few days, I have not left my bedroom to come downstairs for anything. The pain is manageable, but the loopiness of the drugs and the no appetite are keeping me down, plus all the anemia stuff doesn't help. Today the doc told Joel to get my pain under control and take the painkillers as soon as I need them, regardless of the time. Once we can get my pain under control, then my energy will build back up along with my appetite and everything should fall back into place. It worked today, so we are going to stick with that plan and see how it goes. My incision is healing nicely, it's just my innards that are bothering me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time of it. it is hard to convince yourself to take all the pain meds i know but it will help and life will be a bit better.i am praying for you both to have strength to go forward with this fight, know that we are all praying for you. from one survivor to another you go girl !!! Kathy C.

9:25 PM  
Blogger McCrea Family said...

Kelly,

Wanted you know that I'm thinking of you and Joel. I'm in Houston for a work meeting this week. Val and I look at your Blog at least once a week and Pray for quick healing and your pain to decrease. Val has had problems with the right Pain meds as well. I hope you have a good day tomorrow!

Chris, Valerie Mccrea's Husband

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
We got the pet doctor Barbie you sent for Corrine's birthday. She is visiting her Granny in Fayetteville right now, but I know she will love it when she gets back. Thank you for thinking of her. We hope to see you on the 23rd so take those meds and get ready to come. I am positive the Futrell women can cook something that you can't wait to eat!
Love you guys,
Belyn and the gang

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly and Joel,

I hope this week proves to be better. We are thinking of you lots and hope that those painkillers start doing their job! We love you lots and miss you. I'll be in houston early August! can't wait to see you.

love,
ET

9:03 AM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Kelly-

It will get better soon, I'm sure of it. Meanwhile, rest and take it easy.

-Caroline Stoufer

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home