Lester Link

Monday, August 07, 2006

This weekend the nausea decided to kick in and we have been playing that fun game, it's not like I have been eating enough anyway. Now, every little bit wants to run away! Met with the doc today and my blood counts are doing better, I am still a little anemic and my magnesium is low, so I will treat that before chemo this Friday. I started feeling better yesterday evening and today on the island. I hope this feeling good hangs around, my friends Evangelina and Suzanne are coming in town this week and I hope to make my first social outing in months. There are several days a week that I don't even have enough energy to make a trip downstairs, I haven't been eating, so why bother? Thanks for everyone keeping up with me, it really means a lot. I am off to take a nap from my big outing today. It's thundering and lightning, perfect sleepy-time weather.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! so glad you're feeling better! i can't wait to see you!

lots of love,

Evangelina

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get some rest and the relief you are getting continues!!

Love you both,

Bob & Beverly

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly,
I plan on beating this cancer and I am taking prisoners... You!!! Hang in there. I know some days are so hard but hang on extra hard to the days you do feel good. They will get you through the bad ones. I am going to a prayer meeting tomarrow. I will pray for your naueau and a complete healing!!! I think of you often....
Valerie McCrea

11:41 PM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Kelly-

Keep hanging in there! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I'm sure your doctor has given you medication for nausea, but I also take papaya enzyme. (Ask your doctor if it's okay - mine says it is.) The little tablets are chewable and taste good (get the papaya ones, not peppermint). I don't know if they really work, but they seem to help me.

Think of you often. Thanks for posting - it helps me to keep going, too.

-Caroline from Ouray, CO

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home