Lester Link

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The last few days were spent playing catch up on the typical flu-like symptoms I was supposed to be experiencing. I basically threw back 2 Tylenol and 2 Motrin every 12 hours and the pain meds mixed in there too. Today around 10:30 I woke up suddenly feeling terrible. I was sweating and on fire. I immediately took my temp of a whopping 103.4!! I freaked out. We finally had our prescriptions corrected the day before and filled the Naprosyn/Naproxen? they conveniently forgot to give me on my prior visit. So, I was finally able to take the drug recommended for me to cure these breakthrough "tumor fevers". I took the Naprosyn/Naproxen? and some Oxycontin and Dillaudid, which all worked within minutes. I really had a scare there, I have just recently been dabbling in the 102's for the first time in my life and there I was with a 103.4 fever! I am just very happy I had what I needed to fix my current issues. I have been feeling pretty good ever since. I tried to stay awake most of the afternoon, I think I only napped for 1 hour. I had to stay up so Joel and I could watch Big Brother 7 together, it's no fun watching it by yourself on DVR. So now I will be nice and sleepy to get to bed on time.

Thanks so much to all my wonderful friends for bringing us food to keep Joel fed with nice home cooked meals lately! I have the best group of friends and family in the world and I will forever be in debt to your kindness! I have been so out of it, I think it has been a month already of food delivery service? It's been such a great help.

Love,
Kelly

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you must be trying to keep up with this Texas Heat Wave we have going or something! That's kinda the way it feels when you go outside around here, and it sure makes a fat boy sweat a lot!!!.....LOL

I hope things have smoothed out and cooled down for ya!!

All our love as always!

Bob & Beverly

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet girl, I hope you are finding some relief from all the yuck. Keep on keeping on and know you are in our prayers. love you both Kathy C.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Joni & Brian said...

Kelly,

We keep up with you every week and pray for relief from all the cancer pain and chemo side effects. Please know we are always thinking of you from up here in Missouri.

I hope this week is a good week for you both.

Love,
Joni, Brian, and Evan too

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home