Lester Link

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I have finally made the long trip downstairs for the first time since we got back home. I have basically been holed up in our bedroom on heavy meds round the clock since Friday evening. The pain is gradually letting up and I am able to stay awake after doses now.

So, the liver surgery was not meant to be just yet! You think I could get a refund on all of our time and effort in preparing for these 2 non-surgeries? This time they gutted me to find out they couldn't do it and I have the most gi-normous incision in a big backward "L" shape all across my belly. Oh well, we have asked all the questions in every angle possible and supposedly, it is better off that they didn't go through with it. I told him he had not seen the last of me and as soon as my trusty chemo kicks these new "nodules" asses, that I would be right back there ready for more cutting!

I can't thank everyone enough for all of the support Joel and I have received. We were flooded with flowers, plants, cookies, emails, prayers... You name it, everyone came through wherever we were in need. It warms my heart that so many people care about us. I hope all this cancer mess is over soon and we can all focus and more positive things for a change!

Lots of Love,
Kelly

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your attitude and strength never ceases to amaze me. Onwards you go with all our love and support for the next phase of the fight. Love you!
Britt

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you must both be tired and disappointed yet you soldier on. God has said he would give us strength for the day and that is obvious in both of you. We pray for you daily. This thing is obviously a marathon rather than a sprint. Surely you have now hit the wall and are on the final few miles to victory!
Love from Arkansas,
Belyn and the gang

5:44 AM  
Blogger Joni & Brian said...

Kelly,

I hope this morning finds you feeling better. We are praying this week brings good news from your doctor's on the next phase in the fight as well as your continued recovery from the surgery.

I know you all and your family's must be exhausted. If you need a hug and Joel isn't home ... reach for Abby or Pearl. I know they will love on you and probably lick you more than you could want. :o) They love you too; and will be especially attentive if a treat is within a mile radius of them.

Kansas City is praying too!
Joni and Brian

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home