Lester Link

Sunday, June 04, 2006

I had so much fun on my trip to Miami. We had very nice weather and only one afternoon shower. We spent most of the time on the beach hanging out. Our resort was really nice and we wore out the waitstaff bringing us fruity boat drinks on the beach.(Don't worry, mine were non-alcoholic.) We stayed at the Trump Sonesta Hotel in Sunny Isles, which is about 20 minutes North of South Beach. Kelley's undying charm got us an upgrade to an ocean view which was really nice, we had a private balcony that looked out over the pool and the ocean. We ate some really good food, yes, I even ate well at several meals. We got home around noon today and I just woke up from a 4 hour nap, I hope I can get to sleep tonight.

Thanks so much to Sarah, Kelley and Megan for taking me on for a weekend. I am so lucky to have the best friends in the world, including those that didn't make the trip, of course! I really needed veg time away from the sick house and a beach getaway was just what the doctor ordered, right up there with growing a new liver.

This week is filled with appointments on the make-believe island. Tuesday I have appointments at 5:00 in the evening, which is weird, then Wednesday I have a CAT scan at 6:30 in the morning, followed up with an appt. with my surgeon and anesthesiologist on Thursday. I might as well get a room down in the Med. Center for the week!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?! No pictures from wild Miami?!?! :) Glad you were able to get away and have some fun! :)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home