Lester Link

Friday, January 06, 2006

I woke up at 9 Am today and felt a lot better than I though I would. So I promptly called my doctor to find out the urgency of this stupid blood draw and my doctor made me go back up there today just for a 5 minute blood draw. I was not together enough today to drive myself, so my good friend Brittney drove me up there and back, Love ya BrittElaine! I kept getting flushed and after the blood draw we had to sit down and I had to drink a little O.J. b/c I was feeling "puny" as Britt put it. That seemed to do the trick, I showed Britt around my home away from home for a bit and then she took me back home. I am not so interested in eating again, but I have to pretty soon to take my chemo pills, yippee! The doctor gave me an anti-nausea drug that is specifically designed for chemo treatments, I took one before chemo at a very high dose (that did a whole lot of good!), then I take one today and one tomorrow at lower doses. Each pill costs 10 bucks, so they better do the job! My Dr.'s were very concerned by how sick I was during round one so they think that this pill (Emend), followed by Phenergan after the third day should help out and help me feel better during the Xeloda oral pill phase of my chemo. we'll see. Their remedy for yesterday didn't work worth a $%#&!! Can you tell I am still bitter about yesterday's excitement?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home