Lester Link

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I have been banished to the study because I was semi-rooting for T.U., which I accidentally referred to as U.T. I had to leave the room b/c I was laughing so hard, Joel takes this Aggie stuff pretty seriously.

Today was a drag, would you believe that in the last 5 days my two dogs have passed a cough between the two of them and collectively they have been heaving all over the house all week! Today I had the wonderful chore of trying to get Robitussin down my 100 pound lab who wasn't interested in cough syrup one bit! Can't avoid the drama in this household for one day.

Tomorrow is the big day, round 2. I was told by my Physician's Assistant that the fact that I was so sick week 1 of the first round was b/c the anti-nausea drugs I was taking were not working. She is going to give me something different to take home with me tomorrow, she said I should not have been that sick for so long. So, that is good news, maybe this time I will be armed with the appropriate drugs and I won't be down for so long this go-round. I am hoping to avoid the hives issue again from the Zofran given in the I.V. The anesthesiologist that treated me for my surgery on Monday told me that I should really reconsider being allergic to Zofran, especially since I was undergoing chemo, I told him I would put that on my list of things to do after I was finished kicking his butt and cancer's butt too!(I didn't say butt, I am trying to keep this blog at a nice PG rating!) I guess he was trying to be funny, but I was not in the mood. What a tool, just be quiet and give me the drugs!

Go T.U. beat USC!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hook 'em horns! (Sorry, Joel).

And Go Kelly! I hope that they get it closer to right tomorrow so that you don't have to deal with any unnecessary side effects...

I hope Pearl and Abby feel better soon!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Next time you feel the need to root for t.u. all you have to say to Joel is Gig'em Horns!!! I know there are times he is a 2 percenter and hey at least you were rooting for your state. That's my excuse.

Hope things go better this round! Just wanted ya'll to know we were thinking about you. Thanks for keeping everyone informed and sticking with it. I'm sure your phone is happy! Good Luck this go round......I hope things go much smoother!!

Jana and Trevor

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to cheer for USC so that Eric would not be alone in a room full of Longhorns, but ultimately I ended up cheering as Texas came back. Oh well. I guess I'll be facing a year of my derned arrogant horn husband going on and on about the "great" horns.
However, I do believe that I should be thankful for last night's win, as Seth barely blinked when I informed him that I was caught speeding today and will be throwing $$$ to the city!

3:19 PM  
Blogger McCrea Family said...

Kelly,
I am Valerie McCrea and have CC as well. I am sure you have heard my name through Stacie (Mark Clements sister). Anyways, I was diagnosed the end of OCT 2005. I am on Gemzar/Oxil and Avastin. I just had Chemo #5. Hang in there with the chemo, it takes alittle while to find out what drugs work for naseau etc... Wish you the best!
I am 37 and have 3 boys under 6.
my blog is: mccrea.blogspot.com
home 760-752-7761
PS: I plan on kicking this cancers butt to!
Valerie McCrea

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I hope you are feeling okay after starting this next round of chemo!!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'Bout those Longhorns!!!!!

Your chemo is going to be just like the Longhorn D on that 4th down and 2 play at the end of the game. It will stop that cancer dead in it's tracks. And you'll go on to beat it just like Vince and co. beat the supposed "best team of all time".

Hook 'Em Kelly!!!!

And if you need any burnt orange to wear, I've got some for you!!!

Seth

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home