Lester Link

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I guess I over did it yesterday because I started feeling sick last night and I haven't felt good all day today. It was my first outing that lasted over 4 hours in about a month, besides my trips to M.D. Anderson. Oh well, it was worth it. At least my energy wasn't wasted on another trip to the island. I have to go back tomorrow, Thursday and Friday for appointments with the doctor that is to implant the port-a-cath and I have to meet with my anesthesiologist and I have to have my current port removed. Tuesday I am scheduled for the surgery to put in the new catheter and then it's time for my second round of chemo. again on Thursday, the 5th. I can't believe how fast the weeks have flown by lately, it helps to have the holidays as a distraction.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that blows...and we weren't anywhere near as crazy as we usually are when the whole group get's together! (I suppose hitting 30 and 31 has taken some of the wind out of our sails). Hope you are able to rest up tonight before your 3 day island excursion. Sounds like you'll be port free a few days, that should be nice huh?! Don't forget your ginormous bag and your greatest hits. Hope your upcoming procedures go smoothly! Britt

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi y'all!
Checking in to make sure you guys had some semblance of a holiday, and I'm glad to know you got some good family time AND friend time in!
Wow, an iPod! Nate and I will have to send you some more mp3's so you don't get into repeat mode too often... you can never have too many!
Good luck during the next 3 days, we will keep praying for you!

Love, Jill

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home