Lester Link

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I had a bad night last night. The cancer pain hit hard at about 10ish. For some reason, several of your abdominal organs have referred pain in the right shoulder. So, I guess the chemo was working hard last night to kill the bad cancer cells b/c I was hurting. I took a baby Morphine pill, which usually knocks me out, but last night it decided to make my mind race. Finally at about 2:00, I took an Ambien to help me fall asleep.

I managed to get 1/4 of a sandwich and some chips down at lunch today, but now I am paying the price for it. I have felt sick ever since and now I have to eat something again this evening to take my pills again. I am not looking forward to it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly -
I'm thinking about you chica! I'm off on my winter break so if you need anything please let me know!

Big hugs -
Alina

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Summer and I have been keeping up to date with the blog. We are keeping us in our thoughts and if you need anything just call.

Fireman Dave

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo

Miss talking to you at work. I can't bug anyone else like I can bug you. Stay Strong

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! Finally got a chance to check out your site. This is such a good idea.
Sorry to hear that you are in pain and haven't been sleeping... I'm sure it wears on you! I'm glad to know that you are getting to squeeze in a little fun time with friends and family amid all the cancer stuff.
Nate and I are joining the rest of the bunch and will be praying for you regularly. We are only a couple hours away, so let us know if you need us to come help you guys out any time. I am a good house cleaner! :)

Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas for you both.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, this is not the ideal way to diet; you know that right? There were easier methods to choose. :o) It breaks my heart to hear all you are physically enduring but you are taking everything in such stride - I am so amazed with your strength and perspective. We are praying for your side effects to become minimal and for the chemo to erradicate the cancer! We will get down to see you guys when Evan is able to fly.

We love you and Joel and hope you feel strong for Christmas and all the goodies the holiday has to offer!

Love, Joni and Brian

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazingly strong. Your comments help me keep the Christmas rush in perspective. I hope you feel strength from all the prayers being lifted up for you. Love, Beverly Dillon

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home