Lester Link

Monday, December 12, 2005

I was supposed to be sedated for this one but their timing was off, I slept until the doctor came in for the procedure. I was awake during the entire thing and then fell back asleep afterward, just my luck! This one only took about 15 minutes, I couldn't tell you how many times I thanked the doctor for being so speedy. After the sedative and the local anesthetic wore off I started to have some serious pain. The doctor told me to take one of my mini-morphine tablets and come back in 2 hours for another chest x-ray to make sure they hadn't punctured a lung or anything MINOR like that! Joel and I had lunch in the cafeteria and I downed a pain killer and it did nothing for my pain in my shoulder, the rest of me was numb and happy but not the one area I was aiming for! The chest x-ray turned out fine, the doctor said I should not have this kind of pain at all and she was worried maybe the line was hitting a nerve in my shoulder. If so, I would have to have a procedure to remove it completely and a separate procedure to re-position it or possibly move it elsewhere, PERFECT!! This is supposed to be the easy part of chemo and I seem to be having a rough time, not the most favorable indication of what is to come.

Tomorrow I will have an extremely long needle shoved into my lower back to biopsy a lymph node that is no larger than a centimeter, sounds like fun to me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly and Joel,

Just wanted you guys to know that Sara and I have you in our prayers. And having the top liver surgeon in the world doesn't hurt either!!

Let us know if you need anything...

Seth

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home