Lester Link

Monday, December 19, 2005

Happy Birthday Sarah Clinton! You don't look a day over 35!

I have managed to stay awake all day, just barely. I can't get over how tired I have been. I am able to manage all the fun side effects of the chemo as long as I take the anti-venoms as soon as I begin to feel ill. I think I have been letting them set in for too long before I take something. There is a pill for everything and the doctors are adamant about taking anything available instead of trying to manage the pain or whatever on your own. I am still not too keen on the whole food thing, I manage to eat just enough to get the chemo pills down and that is all I can tolerate. My Mom sent over some soup for dinner last night and it actually tasted good to me. (Mom, don't take that the wrong way, you know what I mean.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there anything that you just can't bring yourself to eat? More importantly, what actually is palatable? Just trying to get some direction before I bring over something unwanted!

Congrats on staying awake! That's a huge accomplishment considering all the drugs you're on! Now tomorrow's assignment - run a 5K. Nothing huge. Something to help you build up for the marathon next month.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kelly & Joel!
We have been keeping up with you thru this blog. Tom & I have been praying for you both EVERY day. I know all this is very diffucult but we are sure you will be fine when all this is over,expecially the chemo treatments. It is at least a good thing you live close to one of the very best hospitals for your treatment. We will continue to moniter your schedule here. You continue to remember all of Cass County is praying for you! Jana & Tom Granberry

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home