Lester Link

Friday, December 16, 2005

It took me a good hour and a half last night to try and fall asleep, until I finally realized I had Phenergan and Ambien sitting next to me on my nightstand calling my name! One of each of those and I was out in 5 minutes and I slept for 12 hours, I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night since this cancer drama arrived. I woke up feeling great, I was ready to run errands and Christmas shop, until I took my AM dose of oral chemo pills. About 30 minutes after I took them, I hit a wall. I got very flushed and so tired that I couldn't even sit up, I had to lay down. I finally crawled into bed for a short nap, I woke up burning up I could have sworn I had a 105 fever, I had 98.5. My cold intolerance is crazy, I can't have any part of my skin exposed from the neck down, everything is freezing, but my face is hot and flushed. I have to microwave any beverage b/c even tap water is intolerable, some crazy side effect of the chemo., I was warned of this so it was not a surprise. I was told this would last around 5 days, if this and the fatigue are my only side effects I consider myself extremely lucky! Bring on the chemo!

My friend, Evangelina and her family are coming in town this weekend from the Cape, I am very excited to see all of them!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly and Joel: Just wanted to send you a short note to let you know how much I'm thinking of yall and care for both of you! If you need ANYthing, please let me know. (I know I live 2,000 miles away but you just say the word and I'll do whatever I can!) Thanks for sending the link to this site. Wishing you MANY more good nights of sleep, Kelly! Love, Emily

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home