Lester Link

Friday, December 23, 2005

Sorry I skipped a few days there. Nothing really new to report. Same cancer, different day! On the whole, I am actually beginning to feel better, I think the I.V. drug has finished wreaking havoc in my body and now I only have to deal with the oral drugs, which alone, don't seem to be as bad as the combination of the two.

Yesterday I actually had some energy and I got hungry which was really weird. I thought I just felt sick at my stomach again and then the idea of food sounded okay to me, so I had soup and salad. I know, crazy talk adding a salad to my boring food routine, but this is what becomes newsworthy in my life these days!

The in-laws are coming in town from Atlanta, Texas for the weekend, so we have been trying to get the house in order and plan for their arrival. I finally got out of the house for a few hours yesterday, Joel took me Christmas shopping, I was stressing about getting it done and we managed to knock out a significant amount last night. I have about a 4 hour window of feeling somewhat normal each day, but unfortunately, it lasts from about 6-10 in the evening, right before I am due for my evening round of pills and right when Joel gets home from work and wants to wind down. So, I am going to try and tinker with my pill taking times to try and make that magical 4 hours occur earlier in the day, so I can make better use of the time.

Tonight, we have our annual Steak & Ale Holiday dinner with my parents, my Aunt Sandy and my Aunt Elleen and her husband, Red. This year there will be 9 of us, including Joel's parents, I am banking on them having some sort of soup on the menu. I can't even begin to entertain the thought of cutting into a giant piece of red meat right now, gross!

I hope everyone travelling has safe and traffic-free travels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home