Lester Link

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I am feeling much better today. I guess I had some anesthesia issues during the surgery and my blood pressure dropped real low and scared everybody. My surgery started around 7:30 and I remember coming to for the first time at 9:30ish. I was extremely nauseous every time I woke up between 9:30 and 12:00, the doctor would not discharge me until I was lucid and my nausea had subsided. Most people are out of there by 10:00 after the same procedure, but of course I had to have issues. I also had the worst migraine when I came to, so they were pushing pain killers and anti-nausea drugs which made me very sleepy. I was finally sprung around 12:30, when I got home I took my migraine medicine, a painkiller and a Phenergan as instructed by my nurse. I promptly threw all of that up and went to bed and I didn't wake up until 9:00 yesterday evening. I was awake for about 2 hours and then out again for the night until about 10:00 this morning. After 48 hours I can shower and change the dressing for the last time ever. After that there is no maintenance at all, I will be a free woman no more saran wrap and surgical tape before every shower, no more daily Heparin flushes and no more weekly dressing changes! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and then I have an all day excursion at Cancer Camp on Thursday for the dreaded I.V. portion of my chemo, can't wait to turn green again!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I want you to know that I read your updates all the time and appreciate your efforts in keeping us informed. I wish you a happy healthier new year. By the way I apologize for my husband's earlier comment. It went something like, our thoughts and prayers are with us...?! English is his second language I just haven't figured out what the first one was.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home