Lester Link

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Everything went fine today. The surgeon shortened my line by 4 cm, there was 4 cm worth of plastic tubing sitting in the right atrium of my heart, not the best place to have a foreign object! One more thing to add to bubble girl's list of afflictions, put a big fat black line through cardiac arrhythmia! After spending 15 minutes with 2 anesthesiologists, explaining in great detail my recent bad experiences with sedatives, general anesthesia and my allergies to anti-nausea drugs, they finally got it right! We arrived at 8, we were called back for the pre-op around 8:30, my procedure was supposed to be at 10. I didn't get wheeled back to the O.R. until 11:15ish, I was sent to recovery at noon where I came to and was feeling good by 12:30. Unlike last time when I arrived at 4am and couldn't leave until 1:30 in the afternoon b/c I had such a bad time coming to from the drugs. We didn't get sprung until 2:30 b/c the doc went into a meeting and forgot to formally discharge me, my luck again! At least this time I was content with sitting and waiting b/c I actually felt good. I am so glad the drug pushers got it right this time.

I went to run the dogs with Joel today, they were so hyper. He brought me a lawn chair and I just sat in the sun, got some fresh air and watched the dogs play. Very therapeutic! I am pretty wiped now. Did I mention I was ordered to sleep in a chair last night to avoid ending up in the ER again? I tried to fashion an upright armchair thingy in the bed last night, it was not very comfortable to sleep sitting up against the wall, so I am anxious to get a good night's sleep tonight. I am not allowed to drive or shower for 2 days, I am not sure which is worse in my case! :) I will be homebound for a few days also b/c of my immune system lowered a bit due to the surgery.

Thanks for everyone's show of support today, I am proud to report that for once, everything went pretty much as scheduled! Yeah me! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! And what a nice day to be outside. At least you get to shower in time for your b-day. Have a good night's rest and call if you need anything!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad all went well today...hope tomorrow is a great day, even if you are stinky!

Suzanne

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home