Lester Link

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today Joel and I went grocery shopping for the first time since Thanksgiving! It was a scary sight and it took us a couple of hours to get done plus another hour to put it all up. I am wiped, that is the longest I have spent on my feet in a really long time. It was so nice to finally get it done, we have been living off of soup and sandwiches for quite a while. I bought a Betty Crocker cookbook for Cancer patients so I found a bunch of recipes that actually sounded good to me, a lot of fruit and vegetables. I highly recommend it for those out there on chemo, each recipe is coded to help with nausea, diarrhea, constipation or any combination of the three, all the fun stuff chemo patients struggle with.

Tomorrow, I am headed back to work for the first time in a while. I hope all goes well, I am excited to see my friends at work again. I am so fortunate to work where I do, it is like an extended family for me and everyone is so kind and compassionate. Their overwhelming support has been such a Godsend to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home