Lester Link

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Today was okay, not as good as yesterday, but still good. I am trying to not take the Phenergan unless it is late in the day. I didn't take any at all yesterday and I think that is why I had so much energy and was able to eat. I had to take one about an hour ago b/c I started feeling really sick all of the sudden, it just takes the edge off and makes you so tired that you just go to bed and sleep through the sick feelings.

I know that alot of people are reading this blog and praying for us. I cannot tell you how much that means to us, we get cards and phone calls and emails all the time, even from strangers that read my blog. All of your support has made this so much more manageable for Joel and I and we appreciate every bit of it. Joel and I are banking on my CAT next month showing the tumors are shrinking so that I will be a surgical candidate. All of our focus is on hopefully meeting the criteria for a liver resection, which is key in kicking this cancer's butt!! So please keep us on the prayer lists, I know it is helping b/c my liver pain has almost completely disappeared since I started the chemo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cat can tell if the tumors are shrinking?? Amazing cat! Now how did y'all pick this stray up? Y'all should rent out the cat's services - it may come in handy in paying off all your medical bills! =) Tell MD Anderson that you'll bring the cat by once a week in exchange for free treatment.

We're definitely praying for you, Kelly! I have complete faith that you are going to be a candidate for the surgery. Silly cholangiocarcinoma! It had no clue what it was getting itself into when it picked on YOUR bile ducts...Just watch - you're going to kick butt in '06, AND the Aggies are going to win the NC. Ok...maybe I'm stretching a bit far on the Aggies, but I have full confidence in you! =)

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,

You and Joel are in my prayers daily. I'm praying that the chemo and treatments that you are getting will destroy the cancer, that the doctors and health care people are using their best knowledge and ability, and that you and Joel have the strength and positive mental attitude that it takes to win this battle. Like Paul says in Romans: "... in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home