Lester Link

Monday, January 23, 2006

Can't anything go smoothly for me? My Dad and I have chalked it up to plain old Plummer Luck! I had the worst night last night, my heart was racing and my chest was hurting so bad. It hurt to take a breath, I was convinced that my heart racing was b/c I had worked myself into some sort of anxiety attack. So after 5 hours of tossing and turning and non-effective painkillers, and convincing Joel I was NOT going to the emergency room, I took an Ambien and finally fell asleep at 3 this morning. I was hurting so bad and it felt like I was having a heart attack, well who knows exactly what they feel like until they have had one! Anyway, I was totally freaked out by it and poor Joel didn't get any sleep.

You know when your car is acting up and when you finally take it to the mechanic, it stops making the noise or whatever it was doing wrong? Well, miraculously, this morning I woke up with zero symptoms. It was ridiculous, I didn't have any neck stiffness, tightness in my chest or anything. Perfect timing to go see the doc with no symptoms! So I called 2 Doctors, my Physician's Assistant and a nurse first thing this morning to try and see if they could figure out what my hibernating symptoms could be indicative of. I only had one return phone call, out of 4, from the doctor that placed the catheter and he told me to come in around 2 to get checked out. He sent me to get a chest x-ray and told me he would call me later with the results. Around 5ish he called and asked me if my heart had been racing and I said yes, every time I went to bed or laid down, but I just thought it was me being psychotic. He told me the catheter line in my aorta was a little too long and it was actually sitting in my right atrium which was causing cardiac arrhythmia. Nothing major, huh? Well, my instincts proved to be true once again and everyone can rule out the psychosis, I truly was having heart problems! Of course the doctor told me I should have gone to the ER, Joel was right, I have to admit it.(Just this one time.)

Luckily, my surgeon has a cancellation tomorrow and he is going to shorten the line basically by re-opening my almost healed incision, unplugging the line from the port and pulling it out of my heart. Sounds exactly how I planned to spend my week off chemo, under the knife again just in time to heal for my wonderful 3rd round of chemo starting Thursday. I am convinced that this 3rd week off thing is just enough time off from chemo to fix all the strange things that go haywire in your body due to the 2 weeks prior of chemo. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home