Lester Link

Thursday, January 26, 2006

And the winner is....Kelly!! I have finally beat down the chemo monster in Round 3! I am almost scared to actually put it in writing b/c I don't want to pay for it later, but I rocked at chemo today! All of my bloodwork was "great", per the doc. No issues, no nausea, no vomiting, nothing. Having it go so smoothly negates the issues we had today just to get in there. We were supposed to start at 11 and we didn't get called back into my room until 2. So, we just got home about 30 minutes ago. I have all that tingly, numb, cold intolerance going pretty strong, but that is such a manageable side effect, it hardly warrants mentioning. Thanks for all the kind words of support, they all worked and I actually walked out of chemo today for the first time. Hopefully day one of this round is a good indicator of smooth sailing through the rest of the course and a preview of good things to come from the looming CAT scan that I should have done in about 3 weeks. Today was an early birthday gift, I am so happy it went well! 12 hours total at the island today, 6 of which I spent chained to an IV pole, I am ready for bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home