Lester Link

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The oncologist visit went well today. My doc said my counts were good, I looked good and to keep on doing whatever I was doing b/c it is definitely working for me. He was very upbeat today and answered all my 200 questions. He thinks I am allergic to the Dexamethasone(steroids) that we tried during my last chemo. Which is odd, he said most people respond favorably to them. Lucky me to have a reaction! He reiterated that the surgeon wanted to meet with me again after my 6th round of chemo, which is very exciting! I am going to have to start sending him flowers and care packages so I can win him over and convince him to cut this stuff out of me. I am beginning to look like a drug addict with all of these track marks on my arms, I wonder if they can draw blood from between my toes like the real drug addicts do to hide the marks? I obviously watch way too much CSI!

I have all of my prescriptions ready and my orders are in for chemo #5 on Monday. I can't believe how fast all of this has happened, my first chemo was on 12/15/05, I should be an old pro by now but the chemo side effects and crazy drug reactions seem to keep all of us on our toes. There are so many drugs available to alleviate the side effects of the chemo, but it is a long, hard process to try each and every one of them until you find what works for you. We are still tinkering with my anti-nausea meds, we are going to try Emend again this round to help with the delayed nausea from the chemo infusion. Fun stuff! :)

And no, I did not see former Governor of Texas, Anne Richards at MD Anderson today, I did look for her, but I did not see her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home