Lester Link

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Finally got some good news today from my very first checkup after 3 rounds of chemo...17% SHRINKAGE!!! My tumor markers have decreased significantly and the tumor has shrunk by one inch. Joel and I were trying our best to contain ourselves in front of the doc, we were so happy to hear that not only has the chemo halted the progression, but that it is actually shrinking the tumors. We decided to hold off on chemo today and I am going to have it on Monday instead.

Joel and I have planned a relaxing weekend at a bed & breakfast in Fredericksburg and I want to be chemo free so I can fully enjoy our trip. We really need to get out of town for a while and I am so happy that we are going to be able to celebrate good news.

I would like to thank EVERYONE for all the kind words, thoughts, prayers, phone calls, cards and emails. We couldn't do this without your support and positive influence on us. I would like to thank my work, Costello, Inc., especially, for being overwhelmingly wonderful to me, I cannot begin to put into words how much I appreciate everyone's concern and compassion. A day doesn't pass without me thanking my lucky stars that I am fortunate enough to have joined such a wonderful company, which is run by a group of extraordinary people!

Signing off until Monday,
Lots of Love!
Kelly

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you wouldn't dare....does this mean I really have to go all day at work tomorrow without an update? Not sure I can handle that!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is good news and hope you two had a wonderful weekend despite the weather change.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home