Lester Link

Monday, February 06, 2006

Yesterday was Superbowl Sofa Day at the Lester house. Joel was in the superbowl mood and grilled ribs and made potato skins in honor of the big day and I just tooled around the house and caught up on my "24" season four episodes. I did sit and watch all 4 hours of the superbowl. I was just glad it was a week later this year, it is almost always on my birthday or birthday weekend.

Today I went to work for a 1/2 day, it's nice to try and get back into the swing of things. Of course, I am pretty wiped, but I still feel okay. I went on a walk with my neighbor, Sherry this evening, I am trying to get some exercise on my good days, we went a full 2 miles! I have lost a lot of muscle tone in the last few months and my docs want me to try and regain my strength along with consuming 2,000 calories a day! Yah right, I would like to see them ingest 3,000 mg of chemo drugs every day and still choke down 2,000 calories worth of food, whatever! The only thing that goes down with no problem these days is fruit, I don't know how much fruit I would have to eat to equal 2,000 calories, I don't think there is enough time in the day to eat that much fruit! Maybe if I cover the fruit in chocolate, that might work!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can be your OT and give you some good ideas on activities to increase muscle tone...of course since I specialize in kids they mostly involve some sort of game and a certain amount of trickery/bribery! Bet mine are more fun than any plain old exercises from a personal trainer or OT/PT in rehab. I have to warn you though I'm tough when the whining starts and if you say "I can't do it", I toss you in the ball pool and you don't get a lollipop. (The tossing is of course done in a safe and playful manner and the lollipops are sugar free)

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could always make you a fruit salad! You know it's your favorite...

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say skip the fruit and just go straight for the chocolate!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home