Lester Link

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Yesterday I went to work in the morning and I met up with Val, Nancy and Char in the afternoon. Val is a fellow cholangiocarcinoma fighter from California. We connected via the www.cholangiocarcinoma.org website. We are both involved in a group of thirty-somethings that are all fighting the disease all over the states. Val's blog is one of the family blog links through the website, along with mine. They are in town, visiting MD Anderson and trying to see what the doctors here think is the best route for Val to take to fight this disease. I took them to Lupe Tortilla for a traditional Mexican meal and we took a brief tour of some things to do around Houston. They are all so nice and I had a wonderful time visiting with them and sharing our experiences. They are in town through Thursday, so we met up again for dinner this evening and I brought Joel along, he did very well with all 4 of us women. It is so nice to share experiences and insight with people in your identical situation. Everyone involved in the website does such a great job of sharing any pertinent tidbit of information on experiences, drugs, treatment options, etc... I am so fortunate to be connected with such a great group of people. I am so sad I forgot to take a picture of all of us so I could post it to my blog, I cannot believe I forgot 2 days in a row and my camera was in my purse the whole time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got some face-to-face time w/ someone who can undertand better than any of us what you're going through! Guess we've done a good job breaking Joel in w/ our estrogen charged dinners and home invasions, huh?!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home