Lester Link

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Last night we celebrated my belated birthday (off chemo). Thanks to everyone who came and all the wonderful gifts! I love getting all of our friends together in one spot, I have the best group of friends ever and I am so lucky that they are all so supportive of Joel and I. It is so important to surround yourself with positive people during times like this, everyone keeps saying that attitude is everything. And that is one thing I am in abundance of, attitude! :) I appreciate the fact that everyone knows that they can crack cancer jokes and totally laugh about the situation, b/c I am working hard at killing cancer with laughter!

Next week is a big week for me, so it was very nice to have a little fun before I head into my first chemo progress check. I will be living at The Island all week, I have appointments Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday! Can't wait to spend Valentine's Day with Joel at MD Anderson, how romantic! I think I will wear my favorite blue standard issue hospital gown, I am sure it will be beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home