Lester Link

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My doctor scheduled me for a PET/CT Scan (full body scan) to try and find the primary origin of my cancer. The PET scan is a very reliable test in finding event the smallest cancer cells in your body. The preliminary PET scan results revealed no other cancer sites in my body, which was the best news we could have asked for! My doctor requested the results be reviewed until they could find something for him to go on as far as finding a primary. There was a small shadow area around the head of my pancreas, which was terrible news b/c pancreatic cancer is not very manageable and I lost my Dad's Mother to Pancreatic cancer when I was young. So we were pretty horrified by the prospect of pancreatic cancer to say the least. My doctor ordered a CAT scan of my abdomen to get a closer look at the area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home